It has been a while since last blogpost, in between these posts Toonworld front-end website has been mostly build and writing of smart contract has begun. Right now I feel that enough is done to share how Toonworld Rituals and Farms will work.
Toonworld token types
To present how Rituals and Farms will work first we need to talk about Toonworld tokens. Toonworld will be an ERC-1155 Multi token standard contract, within it there will be 3 token types with their respective token subtypes:
• Skeletoon player tokens
• Trait tokens
• Reward tokens
Skeletoon player tokens will have 2 sub-types: Gen 1 Skeletoons, which are original 10 000 NFTs from Spooky Skeletoon contract. Gen 2 Skeletoons, which will be summoned during rituals. They will differ in 3 major ways: Supply — Gen 0 will have limited supply of 10 000, while Gen 1 will be unlimited. Trait minting ritual access, about which we will talk in a bit. And timelock for farm access which for Gen 1will always remain same and for Gen 2 will increase with their total supply.
Finally there are reward tokens. Which will have 3 sub-types: Glyphs, trait rewards and NFT rewards. Trait and NFT rewards will be used for special events or collaborations with other projects. Glyphs will be used in-game to shift RNG in your favor with three types of glyphs. Glyph working mechanism will be described in ritual info down below.
So now that you are familiar with token types of Toonworld we can talk about Rituals. There will be 5 rituals in total: reshaping, summoning, extraction, sacrifice and conjuring.
First and most complex is reshaping ritual. You will be able to change your Skeletoon gene sequence and strength. As I’ve mentioned above Skeletoon gene sequence will contain 18 traits with each trait having their strength within 1–127 range. By default Skeletoons will have 9 dominant traits that are currently written in their Spooky Skeletoon metadata file, 9 passive void traits and strength value of 32 for each trait. Within reshaping ritual you will have an option to add up to 8 traits you want swapped, 1 glyph of strength and 1 glyph of swapping. Should player chose to add nothing reshaping ritual will simply roll random numbers to increase or decrease their strength within range of -16 to +16.
If player choses to add traits for certain attribute types ritual will roll a number between 0–511. Trait will be burned and either of following will happen 25% for strength check against dominant trait (if trait can’t be dominant this chance is added for passive trait) 25% for strength check against passive trait, 50% of swap failing.
Strength check will see if number in range 0–127 is larger than trait strength it is swapping against, making it harder to swap strong traits, but safer if you have a passive trait that you want to swap in same attribute class as good strong dominant trait.
However having purely RNG rolls would make crafting Skeletoon you want a bit frustrating and that is where glyphs come in. First glyph that can be added glyph of strength has two properties: which attributes it affects and increase or decrease to roll range. Glyph will be able to affect 1–9 traits and increase roll range anywhere from -128 to +128, making rarest glyphs once who affect most attributes, have greatest increase to maximum roll and lowest or no increase to minimum roll. Glyphs of swapping will behave similarly in affecting attribute range 1–9, but differently where instead of decreasing chances for favorable roll it will either increase chance to pass strength check by adding 0–127 value to your roll.
Images above show Skeletoon progression by swapping dominant eye trait, passive item trait and increasing strength.
I understand that this might be confusing so here is a short diagram of reshaping rituals.
Next is Summoning ritual. It will be a way to mint new Gen 2 Skeletoons. Summoning ritual will consists of 8 dominant traits for their attributes which will be burned during a ritual to mint new Gen 2 Skeletoon with traits that were used.
Lastly we have extraction, sacrifice and conjuring rituals. These rituals will be a way to supply traits. Extraction and sacrifice rituals will roll a number in between 0 and sum of max trait strength minus current trait strength for all traits. Max trait strength minus current trait strength will be range for that specific trait extraction meaning if you want to extract trait X you will need number roll in between 0 — (127- X.strength) otherwise you will get other trait. Desired trait ranges can be increased with glyph of extraction which will add value 0–384 to glyph affected trait max strength (eg. you have glyph with value 128, for trait X, required roll range will be 0 - (255 -X.strength) instead of 0 - (127- X.strength)). Now about differences between extraction and sacrifice:
Extraction — only available to Gen 1, will decrease extracted trait strength by 8
Sacrifice — only available for Gen 2, will burn Skeletoon on use.
Conjuring ritual is a way to reward our other collection holders (Toonworld specials, Sinful creatoons, Shy feet), where they will be able to mint specific traits with no RNG or burns involved. However amount of traits they can mint will be capped by their trait current total supply encouraging them to use or trade those traits around. Currently we plan to release 18 traits for conjuring 2 for each Toonworld speacial, 7 for each Sinful creatoon and 9 for shy feet. Also considering that 3 out of 7 Sinful creatoons are still within my wallet, those 3 pieces and their respective traits will be used as rewards for farms.
Rituals sound nice, but upgrading and summoning Skeletoons for the sake of it would get boring fast. That is why we needed a concept of rewards for all the ritualism done. While we don’t have exact prices for rituals set yet, we expect them (aside from summoning) to be fairly cheap with 0–5% of their cost covering VRF fees, another 0–5% going to development uses and around 90% of it going to farm rewards. While we still aren’t 100% if we are going to go with our native ERC-20 for payments it is most likely option (ERC-1155 fungible currency or FTM are other considered options). So each ritual transaction will send 90% of its value to farm reward in some type of currency, lets call that reward id: 0. Other rewards will be our three types of glyphs, lets call them rewards id: 1–3, event/promotional traits will be id: 4 and event/promotional NFTs will be reward id: 5. First difference appearing in rewards is that 0,4,5 are limited quantity rewards and 1,2,3 aren’t. While we don’t expect currency reward to go down to 0 it can be expected that available to win currency will increase along side player base. Rewards type 4 and 5 can be expected to be tied to special events and collaborations and be farmed quickly once added. Meanwhile glyphs will always be farmable.
To participate in farms you will need a Skeletoon. Each Gen 1 Skeletoon will be able to farm a reward every 4 hours. Meanwhile Gen 2 farm cooldown will increase with their total supply currently we are planning Gen 2 Skeletoon timelock to be = total supply Gen 2 / half of total supply Gen 1 * 4 hours.
Reward claimed will be decided by RNG roll, Gene sequence and Gene strength of Skeletoon claiming it. For instance each reward will have some number range to win it, and rewards id: 0–3 will have some number range for their value (currency — amount won, glyph — attributes it affects and its values.) Meaning each trait will affect reward type you get or its value, with that traits strength increasing favorable roll range. Rarer traits will affect those ranges with grater multiplier value. That said conjured, promotional or event traits will never be better than best existing Skeletoon traits, however due to their rarity they should be equally or a little less rewarding than best traits.
Needles to say claiming rewards might be tedious for people who have lots of Skeletoons so we are planning to make farms redeemable in bulk, however number on how many Skeletoons will be able to claim rewards with single transaction can’t be said for now, but idea is to make it as large as possible.
Well I think that covers most of it. This was Mister Skeletoon have a great day.